Wikipedia talk:Create a new language in Wikipedia
This page could use a better title - when I saw it I honestly thought that it must be someone's crackpot page on how to literally create a new language, not to start a new wikipedia... KJ 11:17 Nov 22, 2002 (UTC)
How about "Create a Wikipedia in a new language"? -phma .This should be moved to Meta since it would be useful to English speaking non en.wiki Wikipedians. They won't see it if it is only here. I will move it later and set-up in inter-wiki redirect. --mav
If it was in Meta, less people would find, IMHO. Are we ever going to have Wikipedia: Piglatin? --Zanimum
Wikipedia in Nahuatl
This exists. See http://nah.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal%C4%ABxatl
Request history (incomplete)
Moved from Wikipedia:Village pump
I am from Wikipedia in Spanish. I contacted somebody called Citlalin Xochime' from a web Nahuatl-speaking a few days ago and told him about Wikipedia. This is whta he answered me to the suggestion of beginning a wikiversion in Nahuatl (a native American language with more than 1 million speakers):
- Niltze! (Hello!) Papalotochtzin (Dear Rabbit Butterfly),
- Tlazohkamati (Thank-You) for your email message! I am somewhat familar with the wiki-system and wikipedia sounds like something that stirs my interest. I won't have time to start the Nahuatl wiki-project until September at the earliest. Yet, I may pass along this valuable information to the NAHUAT-LIST :
- I agree, more Nahuatl speaking people will be attracted to the project, once established. I don't know if you got my email address from my Nahuatl Tlahtolkalli project, but I will surely pass along the information to the people at the Nahuatl Tlahtolkalli as well. My project is located at:
- So, once again, I am very interested, and I will pursue this project as time permits. Tlazohkamati for contacting me. (...)
- I look forward to sharing Nahuatl with you!
- Citlalin Xochime' (from, Nahuatl Citlalxochimeh = star flowers)
- Nahuatl Tlahtolkalli
I haven't heard of him/her since but he or other Nahuatl-speaking people may try to contact you. I will not be on Wikipedia for an indetermined period but I mentioned a cople of basics about the system as well as Youssefsan and Brion. I'd really like seeing a Wikiwikinahuatl around! -- Piolinfax 19:17 28 Jul 2003 (UTC)
Can be created a new an.wikipedia.org (Aragonese)? This type of projects can make alive the endangered languages.
- Wikipedia:Create a new language in Wikipedia details some of what must be done in order to create a new language Wikipedia. It would probably be a lot of work, so it'd be best if you can find other people that know the language also. Good luck! -- Wapcaplet 21:14, 7 Sep 2003 (UTC)
I <3 Piglet!!!!!!!! xoxoxo Jess xoxoxo
ok, am i the only one that likes the idea of a simple english wikipedia, and thinks it should be expanded upon? as in, the creation of a simple french wikipedia, simple italian wikipedia, simple greek wikipedia, etc? not only would this make wikipedia a nice tool for language learners, but it would make it usable by children or illiterates. (shouting at the top of my voice here) perhaps a perl script could even be written that would replace complex words with simple ones, in accordance with some online thesaurus, thus rendering this an easy task? (any errors made by the script would be edited out eventually) --Protasis
- Quite a few people seem to like the idea of a Simple English Wikipedia judging from the fact it now has nearly 1000 articles. One problem with it is defining what is meant by "simple" English (or any other language). Currently, there is no agreement on this, so the project is somewhat directionless. There's no reason simple versions of other languages couldn't be set up, but judging from the simple English one, I'm not sure how successful they would be. I suggest that if you do want to start another one, you have some clear goals in mind first, such as deciding on a particular reading level, or a way of structuring the site to handle different levels of simplicity. The intl-L mailing list would be a good place to bring this up. Angela 23:15, 1 Dec 2003 (UTC)
Question I have
Would it be possible to do wikipedias in odd, artificial, English "dialects" such as Pig Latin Elmer Fudd (i.e. Wun to duh wed woad) or perhaps others such as Jive and even Swedish Chef or possibly even, if we want to take it far, Punk (Dah instead of the, izzle at the end of some words) note that I believe Google is viewable in all of these except punk. There are numerous "dialecticizers" that would translate into Jive, Swedish Chef, and punk, and of course the first two are easy and unobjectable without the dialectizier. Smartyshoe 00:56, 28 February 2006 (UTC) Edit: A dialectizer is avialable at [rinkworks.com/dialect] for all mentioned except pig latin as well as others.
- Edit: Here is the "punk" version of Wikipedia (note that there is some bad language but we don't have to include that) Clicky
- See Gizoogle to turn any website into punk.
New Language Wikipedias
(Posting this here as well as several other places—none of us have heard a response in many months.)
- Is there a way we can get some developers to look at Approved requests for new languages? About a dozen languages have been approved for creation, and the Norman test-Wiki has well over 100 articles already (more than nearly half of our "real" Wikipedias). No new wikipedias have been created in quite some time, however. The Jade Knight 09:17, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
Wikipedia for Loqunta and in Norling
I am King John I from The Royal Family of The Republic of The Kingdom of Loquntia and I believe there needs to be an nr.wikipedia.org for Norling, and ic.wikipedia.org for Loqunta. Because after all: Norlängår by my whaworet sprächnås, Içircaeç e er mir otr fabborrítç linga, Kingjohnthefirst (talk) 01:28, 6 November 2014 (UTC)
मानव विकास की अवधारना
1. नर्मदा नदी के अन्य नाम है 2. नर्मदा नदी किन किन राज्यों में बहती है 3. नर्मदा नदी का उद्गम स्थल है, किस जिले में है उसकी ऊंचाई क्या है 4. समुद्र में कहां गिरती है या मिलती समुद्र में मिलते समय क्या बनाती है 5. किस प्रकार की घाटी बनाती है 6. नदी की लंबाई कितनी है 7. नदी का अपवाह क्षेत्र कितना Navneet bele (talk) 12:21, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
اللغه العراقيه هي عباره عن لغه مستقله بحد ذاتها مشتقه من اللغه العربيه لكن فيها كلمات تركيه وفارسيه كثيره لدرجه ان لفظ الحروف والقواعد يختلف الى حد بعيد عن اللغه العربيه وتضم اللغه العراقيه 14 لهجه اساسيه اهمها البغداديه والمصلاويه والبصراويه والغربيه والجنوبيه Mohammed alwakeel (talk) 22:07, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
It would be interesting to read artickles in an Iraqi dialog, but which one thoough? I know that there are several.
والله كودوه يصير بوه لغتن عراقية و سورية ولبنانية وكل
لهجات اللغة العربية بشكل عام خاصتن في الدول التسبيرة مثل السعودية والعراق والاردن والمغرب وليبيا... كل دولة ولها لهجتها العامة ولهجات خاصة داخل الدولة بين شرتزها لمغربها. ومن شماله لجنوبه.. كودنا نحافظ على لغتنا ولغة جدودنا. Aziznaz (talk) 03:52, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
AlQassim is a manor region in Saudi Arabia and us from AlQassim we have got our own distinguished analog.. We are very proud of it and we need to have a "قصمنجي" wiki language.